was ppp conflicts - media related dep resolution trio

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 11 23:29:09 UTC 2004

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 17:32:57 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>

>>>The problem xine-lib probably is related to something else.. Which error
>>>do you get? Where you got the package?
>>
>>I have xine-lib-1.0.0-0.lvn.0.26.rc4a.2 installed right now. I had no
>>trouble getting xine-0.99.2-0.lvn.2.2 to install.
>>
>>this is the up2date output.
>>
>>There was a package dependency problem.  The message was:
>>
>>Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
>>xine-lib  1.0.0-0.lvn.0.29.rc5.2         requires libtheora.so.0
>>
>>Please modify your package selections and try again.
>>
>>This is from the testing area on livna.
>

> Read the important part on http://rpm.livna.org and then complete
> your up2date config file.

Thanks Michael. After adding the fedora.us repositories to the sources
file for up2date, the libtheora rpm was pulled into the fold. As a
bonus, I got upgrades for programs that haven't been upgraded since
their initial installation.

Reading is fundemental, but overlooked a lot more than it should be.

xine-lib-1.0.0-0.lvn.0.29.rc5.2
libtheora-1.0-0.fdr.0.3.alpha3.2

fedora.us + fedora off of RH site (or mirrors) + livna.org = less
conflicts obtaining rpms.

Thanks a lot,

Jim

--
It was all so different before everything changed.