SCSI disk names change when adding / removing devices.

Naoki naoki at valuecommerce.com
Mon Jul 12 06:00:51 UTC 2004

Ok, I understand that cheers, but I'm not having a problem with the
ordering of the devices it's the ordering of the controllers.
I have two controllers.  The first, and LSI ( the internal ), and my
newly added Adaptec.
The LSI is detected first by the Bios and the Adaptec second ( which is
what I want ). So why would the adaptec be assigned sda and my internal
disks get sdb ?

That's what's breaking things for me. Because my internal disks are no
longer sda1/2/3 my kickstart build fails (or installs onto the external
array which I really don't want).

Anything I could do here, I think it's the hardware being funny and
presenting itself to the kernel in the wrong order perhaps?

-n.