redhat tutorial

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 12:14:41 UTC 2004

damon fister wrote:

> This is along the lines of what we hope to accomplish, It will most
> likely take the form of an applet that will run once when users log in
> for the first time and will be made available for later viewing via the
> accessories menu. We want to use as much portable code as possible to
> avoid gtk+/qt dependence and are leaning towards a flash based app using
> an embedded player, if this is a problem with Red Hat Legal we will be
> more than happy to develop with a different language.And we are of
> course open for suggestions as to the best (read cross desktop
> environment) language to use.

I'm not Red Hat Legal, but neither am I aware of an Open Source flash
player. I understood that to get into Fedora, it needs to be Open
Source.

Please tell me I'm wrong about the Open Source flash player...

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | Say it with flowers, send a triffid
westexe.demon.co.uk    |