RPM bzip2, reiser, loop-aes, web badge

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Mon Jul 12 12:43:46 UTC 2004

On Jul 11, 2004 at 20:44, Jeff Vian in a soothing rage wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 09:33, Richard Warburton wrote:
[,,,]
>> relevant?  Now that the distribution has hit a fourth CD (although it
>> could still be 3 if we used 700MB CDs) is this up for discussion?  For
>
>I wonder why we are still using 650mb ISOs.  I have not seen any CDs
>that size in the stores for some time.
Perhap because ppl have olde hardware that can only read those type
of cds.

><snip>
>
>> Speaking of early days, I see that reizer 4 filesystem is about to be
>> released.  I'm wondering if there is any discussion as to whether FC is
>> intending to adopt it in preference to ext3 or have the option on install?
>
>Maybe make it an option, but leave the tried-and-true very reliable ext3
>as the default for now
My take on the matter is ext3 will be the default. When reiser4 gets
to the kernel in a stable state, it will become an opyion just like
xfs and jfs. As to FC having it as the default, that will happen
when ...

N.Emile...
Pray to God, but keep rowing to shore.
 -- Russian Proverb
 08:40:07  up 14 days,  1:55,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00