Problems booting FC2 on Dell Poweredge 2400

Small, Jim jim.small at eds.com
Mon Jul 12 16:55:27 UTC 2004

I installed Fedora Core 2 on a Dell Poweredge 2400.  The Dell has a PERC2
RAID controller card.  I setup a simple RAID-0 array to install Linux on.

The install went well--no problems.  However, after finishing the install
and rebooting I get this:
First I get the grub menu, then when booting I get:
audit(...): initialized
agpgart: unable to determine aperture size
agpgart: unable to determine aperture size
(not a typo, the above appears twice)
Red Hat nash version 3.5.22 starting
sda: asking for cache data failed
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
(here is just hangs)

If I reboot and edit the default grub parameters and remove rhgb and quiet,
I get:
(lots of info)
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device ...
megaraid: found ...
scsi0:Found MegaRAID controller at ..., IRQ 11
megaraid: ... detected one logical drive
megaraid: channel[0] is raid
megaraid: channel[1] is raid
scsi0: LSI Logic MegaRAID 1.01 ...
Using cfq io scheduler
scsi0: scanning scsi channel 0 for logical drives
SCSI device sda 70770688 512-byte hdwr sectors (36235 MB)
sda: asking for cache data failed
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
 sda: sda1 sda2 sda3
Attached scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
scsi0: scanning scsi channel 4 [P0] for logical drives
	Vendor: DELL	Model: 1x6 U2W SCSI BP Rev: 5.35
	Type: Processor		ANSI SCSI revision: 02
scsi0: scanning scsi channel 5 [P1] for logical drives
PCI: Found IRQ 14 for device ...
PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device ...
(here is just hangs)

I don't believe it's hardware--other Operating Systems work OK on this box.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
   <> Jim