problems with lilo

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jul 12 17:53:54 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 12.07.2004 schrieb Andreas Müller um 19:19:

> Well unfortunatly currently I'm using a version without support for
> educational purposes in order to test an oracle installation. Anyway,
> the grub and lilo versions supplied by this version seem to have all
> problems with bigger hds and I suppose that the only solution is a newer
> version of lilo and/or grub.

> Andreas

Ok, if its just a test box for educational purposes you might rpmbuild
the lilo SRC.RPM of Fedora. Or switch to grub which IIRC never had the
1,024 cylinder boundary problem.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
Serendipity 19:52:05 up 5 days, 2:00, load average: 1.46, 1.68, 1.59