Plantronics USB headset

Tom tom at technerve.com
Mon Jul 12 19:02:28 UTC 2004

I am trying to get a plantronics USB headset working.  I am running fedora core
2.  Kudzu finds the device, and I say configure, and it seems to work (it adds
lines to modprobe.conf).  It worked right out of the box on another fedora core
2 box.  I can see in dmesg that the device is being recognized and the
usb-snd-audio module is loading properly.  I show it loaded in my lsmod as
well.  However none of the alsa utils can open the device.

xxx at xxxx# alsamixer

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device

Any ideas?  The box I got it to work on was an older box with only USB1.1, this
box has USB2.0 ports.  Could that be the issue?  This is the only soundcard on
my system.

Thanks,
Tom