OpenSSL

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jul 12 19:25:54 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 12.07.2004 schrieb James Kosin um 21:19:

> Does this mean that I will also have to have separate config directories
> for sendmail / etc.  And configure the SSL parameters for all?  Even
> httpd, etc.

No, just one Sendmail configuration. Apache is a different territory.

> I don't really want to setup a virtual host.  It is just that on my
> network, beta.intcomgrp.com is also known privately as
> beta.support.intcomgrp.com .  I'm guessing that is the problem secure
> SMTP is nor working, because I setup the cert for beta.intcomgrp.com...

The Common Name (CN) of the certificate must be the real SMTP server
name. It must be a single name, can't be two.

> James Kosin

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
Serendipity 21:23:41 up 5 days, 3:32, load average: 1.85, 2.00, 2.35