dhcp server dropping external ip

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 12 20:31:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 06:11:11PM -0400, adam stokes wrote:

> after so many hours the dhcp server just drops the external ip and i am
> unable to ping outside of network. ive read up on the leases part of the
> dhcp configuration but not exactly sure if that is my problem or not, is
> there anything i need to check as to why the connection to the outside
> world is being dropped randomly?
>
> here is my dhcpd.conf file

> subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
>        option routers  192.168.1.100;

Is this a host inside your net or is this the firewall to your net.

As I read this I wounder if your box got an IP address from
your ISP's dhcp server and the lease for that external address
is timing out.

If so looking at your dhcpd.conf file is not going to help.
look at the network connection setup.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l