Changing video card

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Jul 12 21:42:02 UTC 2004

Once upon a time, Tom Taylor <linxt at comcast.net> said:
> I decided to change my video card from the current Nvidia in my system to a
> different brand.  I have a new ATI Radeon 9200 AGP sitting on the shelf.  Has
> anyone used this card?  Would you provide any comments/suggestions about this
> change please

I just switched to an ATI Radeon 9200 and it is nice and fast.

If you installed the binary-only nVidia kit, I would remove all of that
first (i.e. get back to a normal Fedora release set of files).  Then
IIRC you should just be able to swap in the new video card and boot up;
kudzu should detect it and update the config automatically.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>