advansys scsi

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jul 13 09:47:57 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 02:21, sajiv wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Why doesn't fedora detect my advansys pci scsi card ?
>When I try to install, it says no hard disk
>detected...can anyone help me with this please ?
>
>thanks
>Sajiv

You'll have to turn on the broken drivers option before you'll see it.
I believe its the first page displayed in a make xconfig screen.

You and I seem to be the only two users with this brand of card, so
there doesn't seem to be any hurry to fix whats been called 'race
conditions' in the code.  I've been using it for years, but haven't
experienced any errors that weren't the tape drives fault. DDS2
drives are a POS.  I no longer have any scsi disks, their vaunted
reliability wasn't experienced in the real world, but I did get good
speeds out of an ABP-930U, near 20Mb/Sec.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.