/etc/resolv.conf and sendmail

Philippe phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Tue Jul 13 10:07:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 16:56, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 July 2004 05:38, Philippe wrote:

> You'll need a line in your hosts file that defines AAA, and you should
> have a line "order hosts,bind" in the host.conf file IIRC.
Yes I have this line.

> Here, I pass the buck by having the firewall's local ip as the only
> nameserver entry in resolv.conf, and the firewall in turn passes it
> to the real world if its not in the hosts file on the firewall.
Ouch .. to technical for me ;-)

So I have an idea. As I am on a dialup connection, when sendmail is
launched, I still don't have any DNS set up (they come from my ISP). So
could it be the cause of my problem ?

What I can see, but not sure 100%, is after being connected, if I
restart sendmail, or if I flush the queue, all the next mails, even
hours after, will be sent correctly.

Philippe
--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand