moved website need to ftp content

Mick Mearns off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 11:35:38 UTC 2004

--- Anand Buddhdev <anand at celtelplus.com> wrote:
> Mick Mearns wrote:
>
> > Hello list;
> >   well we finally got DSL here and I use worldnet.att.net
> >
> > What would you recommend to ftp the old website to att?
> >
> > Using konqueror it barfs with:
> >
> > ftp://upload.att.net
> >
> > Message sent:
> > Login using username=mwmearns and password=[hidden]
> > Server replied:
> > 534 Server policy denies USER command on insecure connection.
> > Do you want to retry?
> >
> > So I need a secure linux/kde uploader.
>
> I use gftp. It supports FTPS, as well as SFTP. gftp is a standard
> package on fedora.

Hello;
  I tried gftp but it was refused because it was not SSL enabled:

220 PWPFTPD 2.02 (6feb2002) Server (AT&T WorldNet (sm) Personal Web
Pages FTP GIA server) [xxx.xxx.xxx.xx]
USER mwmearns

534 Server policy denies USER command on insecure connection.
Disconnecting from site upload.att.net

Thanks for the reply
  Mick M.

=====