FC@: Wine-20040615 "Segmentation Error", need help

Yang Xiao yxiao2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 13:01:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:47:36 +0200, Alexander Dalloz
<alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Am Di, den 13.07.2004 schrieb "夏斌 " um 3:39:
>
> > Wine doesn't work on my FC2, I've downloaded the 20040615 release and
> > compiled it manually with "./configure; make depend; make; make install"
> >  then I received this error short message after I executed wine:
> >
> > "Segmentation fault"
> >
> > Wine worked all right for me before I upgraded my system from FC1 to
> > FC2, so I wonder if wine would also work with FC2
>
> http://www.fedorafaq.org/#wine
>
> You may also use the FC2 RPM by newrpms:
>
> http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/apt/redhat/en/i386/fc2/RPMS.newrpms/wine-0.20040615-1.rhfc2.nr.i386.rpm
>
> Alexander

Hi,
I have the same problem, but a strace show's that it's looking for
/etc/ld.so.preload

open("/etc/ld.so.preload", O_RDONLY)    = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

is this something I can fix? if not I will go for the rpm.
Thanks,

Yang