Any experience with yumi yet?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Tue Jul 13 13:12:47 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 13:53, William Hooper wrote:
> D. D. Brierton said:
> > I'm hoping we'll eventually move over to Red Carpet which has support
> > for both apt and yum repositories.
>
> Why?  We already have up2date which has support for both apt and yum repos.

Because not only is Red Carpet much easier to use when it comes to
browsing repositories and seeing what is available, but it is also a
hell of a lot easier to add a channel and subscribe to it without
fiddling around with yum.conf (which clearly many newbies are finding
non-intuitive). Red Carpet is a very mature package, and is quite simply
the best package management tool I have ever used.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com