Any experience with yumi yet?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jul 13 15:06:24 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 10:41, John Thompson wrote:
>D. D. Brierton wrote:
>> On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 11:28, Thijs Hulshof wrote:
>>>I'm using it since yesterday. It looks nice, but it's a little bit
>>>unstable. Maybe it's better to wait for a more stable version
>>> before putting it into Fedora Core.
>>>
>>>I prefer Apt + Synaptic, faster, and more stable.
>>
>> I'm hoping we'll eventually move over to Red Carpet which has
>> support for both apt and yum repositories.
>
>I've been using Red Carpet with FC1 for some time now without
> problems.

And obviously you are a gnome user, keeping it up2date.  But I'm not a
gnome user, so it fails complaining about:

GnomeUI-WARNING **: Could not find GNOME pixmap file
ximian_support.png
red-carpet: relocation error: red-carpet: symbol _dl_catch_error,
version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time
reference

So what all do it apt-get that will fix this?  yum is dead, python
error & python IS properly installed.  It seemed to self destruct
itself about 10 day ago now after an 'update' session.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.