Still can't get the Nvidia driver to work

Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr Nordic/Baltic - Java System Software - Sun Microsystems politby at sun.com
Tue Jul 13 16:25:09 UTC 2004

Phil Dybvig wrote:

>>what I do is the following edit the xorg.conf file and in the driver
>>section add [ Option "NvAGP" "1"
>>make it use the drivers built in agp
>>or recompile the kernel and make /dev/agpgart support modular.
>>

>This makes sense: these are mentioned in appendix s of the NVidia readme
>distributed with the driver (also on the web:
>ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-6106/README.txt).
>
>The Linux Discussion Forum in the driver section on Nvidia.com is a good place
>to find help.

Turns out that neither the above  or swiching off ACPI makes any
difference.  Still hangs. Need to login via telnet and restore the
xorg.conf file. I'll go look in the nvidia forums to see if I can find
anything there.

/POL