any hints on status of FC3 t1?

Chris A Czerwinski chrisczerwinski at cogeco.ca
Tue Jul 13 16:46:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 08:33, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Yang Xiao wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:31:31 -0400 (EDT), Robert P. J. Day
> > <rpjday at mindspring.com> wrote:

> >> BTW, it's nowhere near FC3, it's just FC3 test 1.  check the schedule
> >> at http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule.  the full release of
> >> FC3 is slated for october.
> >
> > October? you mean by the time I'm done with all the upgrades I got do
> > it over again?
> > sigh.
>
> not really.  no one says you have to *anything* with FC3 when it comes
> out.  but keep in mind that, if you choose to work with the fedora
> core stream, you've implicitly agreed to deal with a fast-moving,
> regularly-updated release, remember?  that's the price you pay for
> being out there on the edge.
>
> rday

And I take it that they will resolve almost all (95%) of the open
issues from FC2 without applying fixes (or a fix to a fix).
Why move forward when you haven't resolved the old problems?
Why the urgency? Let's get a solid base before moving forward
otherwise there will be too many issues unresolved or
 FEDORA will jeopardize their good name and will turn a lot of
other people who were undecided and go after another developer.
Is that what you want? MAYBE - FEDORA should go the route of
SOURCEFORGE and their CVS route.

At this rate of change - why not start creating application RPM
folders that will contain e.g. mozilla, xorg and the likes, for
upgrades since you guys will know what changes there have been
made, and organizations like mozilla, xorg ,etc... can
concentrate on their own application upgrades rather then trying
to keep up to your changes. Because you guys have tested them
out before each release, haven't you.

Chris Cz (who will remain a newbie at this rate)