[FC2] Fresh Install - OOo won't start

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 13 19:58:35 UTC 2004

Coume - Lubox.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just installed FC2 on my 3rd computer and I'm experiencing prbl with ooo.
> Usually I install ooo during the FC2 install process but this time, I installed the minimun of packages and isntalled ooo with apt afterwards.
> But when I try to run ooo I get this error:
> $ oowriter
> Installation of OpenOffice.org 1.1.1 failed:
>  'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/ooo-1.1:/usr/lib/ooo-1.1/program /usr/lib/ooo-1.1/program/setup -R:/etc/openoffice/autoresponse.conf -v -nogui >& ~/.openoffice-install-log'
> $
>
> Anyone else experienced that? How can I solve this, I am stuck :/
>
> Thxs in advance
> Ludo

were it me, I'd remove all the Open Office packages and install them the
old fashioned way. ( commandline installation ) drop all the packages
for OO in a dir and test install them first to make sure all
dependencies are staisfied. If and when they are you can perform the
install.

TEST
rpm -ivh --test *.rpm

INSTALL
rpm -ivh *.rpm

--
 Mark

 Linux user because anything else is just insane.