cannot access a site with kernel 2.6.7 or 2.6.8, 2.6.6 is ok

Mick Mearns off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 01:32:20 UTC 2004

Hello list;
   I have the following kernels installed:
2.6.8-rc1
2.6.6-1.435.2.3
2.6.7-1.456_4.rhfc2.at

Only the 2.6.6 will access http://www.carsdirect.com/
The other two will just hang.
I used the same config file for each with a 'make oldconfig'

I tried Firefox 0.9.1,
Konqueror 3.2.2-4 (kde 3.2.2-6 Red Hat),
and Mozilla (no version available while running Firefox).

I thought the site was down but accessed it from XP using Firefox 0.9.1
Then I rebooted to the lowest kernel and it worked in Linux.

What in the kernel could posibly cause this with only this site?

Mick M.

=====
Dogs have Masters - Cats have Staff!