any hints on status of FC3 t1?

Chris A Czerwinski chrisczerwinski at cogeco.ca
Wed Jul 14 17:05:28 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 11:40, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
> On 13 Jul 2004, Chris A Czerwinski wrote:

> > > <snip>
> > > Ben
> >

> > Ideas can not be shared unless your up to speed.
> >
> > Hummmmm
> >
> > Chris Cz (I guess Red Hat/FERORA isn't very friendly any more)
>
> Whoah, big guy.  I'm not in charge of squat.  I'm not even *using* FC2.  I
> was just re-stating the position I've had rammed down *my* throat over and
> over in this forum.  Perhaps I did so in a non-politically-correct way,
> but I gave you the gist of what I received.  Don't get mad at me, get mad
> at whoever it is that's decided the current Fedora philosophy.  I sure as
> hell isn't me.
>
> Ben

Red Hat/Fedora keeps moving the finishing line again before everyone
will nearly reaches it e.g. because October is coming up so that means
upgrade time.

Okay -  so what is being done in FC3 to resolve FC2's open issues.
Can anyone respond?
What changes are there to make it worth my trouble to upgrade?

1. The idea of "NO need of Floppy Disk to help out an installation" is
   that a definite way that Fedora is going? or are you guys going the
   enterprise way and not telling?

2. Will there be a proper UPGRADE script rather if all fails (most often
   from this list) then the only solution is a FRESH INSTALL
   (this should really be a SHOW Stopper)

There hasn't been any forth coming news that these and other issues will
be resolved in FC3. How about - will FC3 respond to some of the
application developers' needs? Because we are open to all ideas and
trying to help each other and what response can be given and by when?

Maybe a little news as to what FC3 will/can do may clear up some of our
predisposed ideas, especially like mine or some others who were
unceremoniously flamed.

Is there anyone who will provide some insight into FC3?

Chris Cz