APCI hangs laptop at boot

J.L. Coenders fedora at universalgrid.nl
Wed Jul 14 19:12:58 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I seem to have a problem with the ACPI in FC2. I tried Knoppix which has APM
and it boots fine, however it doesnt show the correct battery status.
With FC2 and ACPI the battery status is ok, but when shutting down is shows as
a last line "acpi_power_off called" and it hangs. When I power down manually
then, it would boot up anymore, until I remove the battery, remove the
adapter, and fiddle around with everything a lot. So, to me it seems to be a
problem with the acpi.
I have a NEC FP440.
Thanks.

Best regards,