Need Install Help - ASUS A7V8X-X, ASUS Radeon 7000

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Thu Jul 15 04:07:42 UTC 2004

More data if it will help diagnose what my problem is:

I've tried all of these with no success. The install fails at the same
point with both FC1 and FC2.

linux text
linux noprobe
linux nofb
linux skipddc

All of the above failed at the exact same place: immediately after
giving it a root pw, and the package installation step begins.

Furthermore, I found my old RH8 CD's here. So I tried to install RH8 on
it, thinking that if I could get RH8 on there, then I could simply do a
FC1 upgrade. The RH8 install went flawlessly. When I got to the FC1
upgrade, the installer did recognize that I had previous installation of
RH8, but again failed when the actually installation was to begin.

Clint