booting problem cuz of iptables logging..

NabilM at kuveytturk.com.tr NabilM at kuveytturk.com.tr
Thu Jul 15 05:29:42 UTC 2004

I was playing with Iptables in order to learn it. I have my rules set
fine, until I decided to LOG the packets that I REJECT. So before my
REJECT rule, I added a LOG rule same as REJECT. Things were running fine
and I could see the packets that the Netfilter was dropping.

The next day when I restarted the computer, the machine gets stuck while
starting Iptables. It keeps on printing out the packets that I think it
rejected and are in the log. And it's stuck there for some time now. I
think there are the packets from the LOG file, but there are possibly
many packets in that file and it might take ages to clear them up and
then boot the machine (if it is going to boot in the first place).

I have even tried getting into the Interactive mode (press I to ...) so
that I might be able to stop Iptables from starting but that didn't even
work.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Nabil.

DISCLAIMER:
Bu elektronik posta ve ekleri, sadece yukarida ismi yazili alicinin dikkatine gonderilmistir. Mesajin muhatabi degilseniz, icerigini ve varsa ekindeki dosyalari kimseye aktarmayiniz ya da kopyalamayiniz. Boyle bir durumda gondereni uyarip, mesaji imha ediniz. KUVEYT TURK E.F.K. A.S bu e-postanin ve eklerinin icerdigi bilgilerin size degisiklige ugrayarak ulasmasindan veya gec ulasmasindan, butunlugunun ve gizliliginin korunamamasindan veya icerigine guvenilerek yapilacak islemlerden dolayi sorumlu tutulamaz.
This e-mail & its content have been sent to the attention of the receiver named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error), Please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Kuwait Turkish Evkaf Finance House shall not be held liable for the arrival of this e-mail & its content as modified or late, the protection of integrity and secrecy and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do anything in reliance upon it.