Ipsec Question

Yuval Lifshitz yuval at cablemx.com
Thu Jul 15 11:41:57 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Douglas Furlong
Sent: ה 15 יולי 2004 12:17
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Ipsec Question

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 12:07 +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> Yuval Lifshitz wrote:
> > As far as I know, Linux kernel 2.6 and up has ipsec in it. Does
> > anyone knows if Fedora2 has it?
>
> yes
>
> > And which configuration tools (if any) are included?
>
> system-config-network
This is not at all helpful.

system-config-network comes with a CIPE configuration front end, but this is
depreciated, and future versions of system-config-network will not have the
CIPE entry if CIPE is not installed.

I am not aware of a Fedora IPSEC front end at the moment, but there are
numerous howto's out on the Internet which make it fairly straight forward
to set up an initial VPN.

Doug

thanx.
I found one at: http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.ipsec.html
with set of tools named ipsec-tools, do you know/recommend it?

Yuval.