any hints on status of FC3 t1?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jul 15 12:00:30 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 10:05, Chris A Czerwinski wrote:

> Red Hat/Fedora keeps moving the finishing line again before everyone
> will nearly reaches it e.g. because October is coming up so that means
> upgrade time.

---
yes
---
> Okay -  so what is being done in FC3 to resolve FC2's open issues.
> Can anyone respond?
> What changes are there to make it worth my trouble to upgrade?
---
that's a question you have to decide for yourself.
---

> 1. The idea of "NO need of Floppy Disk to help out an installation" is
>    that a definite way that Fedora is going? or are you guys going the
>    enterprise way and not telling?
---
the kernel has gotten too large to fit on a floppy disk
---

> 2. Will there be a proper UPGRADE script rather if all fails (most often
>    from this list) then the only solution is a FRESH INSTALL
>    (this should really be a SHOW Stopper)
---
if you want perfection, Fedora isn't for you.
---

> There hasn't been any forth coming news that these and other issues will
> be resolved in FC3. How about - will FC3 respond to some of the
> application developers' needs? Because we are open to all ideas and
> trying to help each other and what response can be given and by when?
>
> Maybe a little news as to what FC3 will/can do may clear up some of our
> predisposed ideas, especially like mine or some others who were
> unceremoniously flamed.
>
> Is there anyone who will provide some insight into FC3?
---
FC 3 isn't on topic here. This list is for official releases only and
there is a fedora-testing list for release candidates (testing) which is
what FC 3 is until it is released.

As you have probably noticed, there is a lot of traffic on this list and
it doesn't need the extra burden of discussing off topic releases.

Craig