off topic question - hard drives and os

ronnie escobedo tenminuteslater at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 15 15:33:39 UTC 2004

I need some expert feedback.

I edit large multiimedia files and I'd like to get the best performance out
of my system. Currently I store my mutimedia files on a scsi drive and run
the os on a seperate ide drive. would this be the correct way of doing it or
should the os be on the scsi and files on the ide.

In a different situation such as an ftp server over the internet does it
matter or will I get better performance if I store the files on the scsi
drive and fedora on an ide drive.

Thanks!