Curt tone?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jul 15 18:13:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 10:57, Mathew Brown wrote:
> the guy calls me an idiot in more than those words for posting
> whatever wherver, and making me look like an idiot.
> I get an OBSCENE amount of e-mail in one day from this news letter,
> every question everyone asks. and i get slammed for posting that?! Did
> i say i still needed help with what you helped me with yesterday? NO I
> said i was working on that and i'd get it fixed eventually, my
> question was can and how do i install fc2 along side windows XP with
> my current configuration.
>
> the Matt fellow didn't even address my question, how can i install
> linux on this machine with windows xp on it, instad he blasts for for
> not responding to posts i've maid, well I use outlook express, so it's
> kind of hard to change thing's i've allready mailed.
>
> but if this is the smugness one gets for asking help i'd rather use
> winblows
----
there are a number of protocols that people expect to be followed and
not everyone is polite about it - especially when people steal other
threads, post in html etc.

Anyway - To install dual-boot / you need to have free space on the hard
drive that is not partitioned/formatted or can be reformatted for linux
use (i.e. it will toast anything with windows files on it).

You may want to google methods of installing dual-boot for instructions.
If this is a laptop, you might want to check www.linux-on-laptops.com

any new user needs to see this...
<http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-July/msg00595.html>

Craig