general information: Fedora and MySQL

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jul 15 18:41:19 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 13:34, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> For all worrying about the fact that Fedora ships the old MySQL 3.x
> release while MySQL 4.x is available as a stable release, good news on
> the front.
>
> Joe Orton <jorton at redhat.com> just posted a mail on the Fedora
> development list with following information:
>
> Good news on the MySQL front: when a new version of MySQL 4.x is
> released with this license exception we should be able to ship it.
>
> The whole mail is a forwarding of a public MySQL announcment. See Joe's
> mail:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-July/msg00803.html
>
> Alexander

I read the exception rule.  It seems to say you can ship mysql with
other GPL software (or software using one of the listed licenses).  Does
it permit development of applications for internal use only with out a
payed license?  That was the part that made me move to postgresql.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

QOTD:
	"I don't think they could put him in a mental hospital.  On the
	other hand, if he were already in, I don't think they'd let him out."