FC2: failed to boot from installation CDs

Itay Furman itayf at fhcrc.org
Thu Jul 15 22:23:47 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am new to Fedora and trying to install FC2 -- and failed right
at the beginning.

My machine is IBM T41 laptop; pentium M.
I tried the Installation CDs, the DVD, and boot.iso burnt on a
CD. The machine won't boot from them, and instead will continue
to boot from the HD a previously installed system.

To be sure, I checked RH9 installation CDs, Knoppix 3.1, and they
boot normally.

Also, I was able to mount the FC2 CDs and DVD on another linux
machine with no problem -- so I think it is not an issue with the
burning.

Any ideas?

	Thanks in advance for all help.
	Itay