kickstart installations

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Jul 16 11:32:24 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 12:21:44PM +0200, Chadley Wilson wrote:
[...]
> and the third question a little more tricky to explain is "In the
> partitioning section,
>
> clearpart --linux --drives=hda
>
> this option causes a warning to popup during the installation, I know
> why, but how can I tell it not to prompt me?"

In an older kickstart file I still had on disk (redhat 9) I had the
option --initlabel (clearpart --all --initlabel --drives=hda ).
If I remember correctly this forced kickstart to initialize the disk. I
don't know if it also removed the popup, and maybe the options have
changed in Fedora's version, but you may want to give it a try.

David Jansen