any hints on status of FC3 t1?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Fri Jul 16 14:27:00 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 06:17, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Lew Bloch wrote:
>
> > With eighteen lists to choose from, it's not always easy to know
> > which one is canonically "right" for one's question, or which one
> > has enough knowledgeable readership to answer one's question.  The
> > general list is the most general, and for many people might seem the
> > best for getting a useful response.
>
> no, and as the one who first asked about FC3 t1 on this list, i
> sincerely regret having started this thread in the wrong place.  the
> only reason i did it was that i actually did post first to the test
> list, didn't see a reply (or any traffic whatever) for a bit of time,
> so i tried the general list as plan B.  mea culpa.
>
> there is already increasing traffic on the test list, bug reports,
> that sort of thing.  so if you have any FC test release-related
> postings to make, please, take them to the test list.
>
> rday
>
> p.s.  i do agree that it would be nice to refine the mailing lists,
> in that there should be separate mailing lists for each official
> release of FC.  having all of that lumped into a single FC general
> list is, i think, overly messy.

Why?

Yes, this list is high volume.
Yes, sometimes it is hard to follow.

OTOH, most questions are Linux related and not specific to a single
release.  Using separate lists would greatly reduce the numbers of
assistants who can answer questions and/or may mean no one is available
to help if the question is asked on a single list.

It is both educational for me and gives me an opportunity to help by
being a single list.  If it were multiple lists I would not participate
in all because of time constraints and the version I use.  A loss to me,
and likely a loss to others as well.