FC2 location of GPG keys

John Cox pkands108 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 15:48:46 UTC 2004

--- Satish Balay <balay at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, John Cox wrote:
> >
> > Results:
> >
> > a109b1ec-3f6e28d5 gpg(Livna.org rpms <rpm-key at livna.org>)
> > 8df56d05-3e828977 gpg(Fedora Linux (RPMS) <security at fedora.us>)
> > a109b1ec-3f6e28d5 gpg(Livna.org rpms <rpm-key at livna.org>)
> > 8df56d05-3e828977 gpg(Fedora Linux (RPMS) <security at fedora.us>)
> >
> > As you can see I have multiple copies installed. When I try to yum
> > install anything from fedora.us I get the "wrong GPG" key error.
> Could
> > the multiple copies be causing this? Yum was working ok last week.
> Not
> > sure what happened.
>
> Which package gives errors? Details/logs always useful.
>
> Perhaps the error is on Fedora Core package - not Fedora.us package.
>
> rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-2/RPM-GPG-KEY
> rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-2/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
>
> > How can I get rid of the copies? man rpm suggests using rpm -e but
> that
> > says I don't have an installed package.
>
> rpm -e gpg-pubkey-a109b1ec-3f6e28d5
> rpm -e gpg-pubkey-8df56d05-3e828977
> rpm -e gpg-pubkey-8df56d05-3e828977
> rpm -e gpg-pubkey-8df56d05-3e828977
> rpm -e gpg-pubkey-8df56d05-3e828977
>
> Satish
>

> --

This is what I get with yum update:

[root at localhost pkands]# yum update
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora.us Extras (stable)
Server: Fedora.us Extras (testing)
Server: Fedora.us Extras (unstable)
Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)
Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (unstable)
Server: macromedia.mplug.org - Flash Plugin
Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
amule-0-2.0.0-0.lvn.0.4.r 100% |=========================| 6.4 kB
00:01
xchat-amule-0-2.0.0-0.lvn 100% |=========================| 1.9 kB
00:00
Resolving dependencies
.Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[update: fam 2.6.10-9.FC2.i386]
[update: fam-devel 2.6.10-9.FC2.i386]
[update: ethereal 0.10.5-0.2.1.i386]
I will install/upgrade these to satisfy the dependencies:
[deps: libselinux-devel 1.11.4-1.i386]
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
Error: Could not find the GPG Key necessary to validate pkg
/var/cache/yum/updates-released/packages/fam-2.6.10-9.FC2.i386.rpm
Error: You may want to run yum clean or remove the file:
 /var/cache/yum/updates-released/packages/fam-2.6.10-9.FC2.i386.rpm
Error: You may also check that you have the correct GPG keys installed