amanda email report

Nina Pham nina at gibbons.com
Fri Jul 16 17:50:58 UTC 2004

I have amanda running in a cron job, it suppose to backup 3 things.
However, for some permission problem, 1 thing is failed to back up. I
thought it would send the report via email to the email address
specified in mailto no matter what. But that day, I didn't recieve the
report via email. When I fix the permission problem, it successfully
backup and I received email report everyday since then. What might cause
the problem of sending email? is it a amanda bug? I doesn't make sense
to me that amanda doesn't send report when there's a problem .