(no subject)

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Sat Jul 17 13:58:21 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 19:21, Ray Curtis wrote:

> Sorry I was slow to respond, I'm rather busy today.
> Have you tried no_root_squash ?
> root_squash
>               Map  requests from uid/gid 0 to the anonymous uid/gid.
> Note that
>               this does not apply to any other uids that might be
> equally sen-
>               sitive, such as user bin.
>
>  no_root_squash
>               Turn  off root squashing. This option is mainly useful for
> disk-
>               less clients.
>
> Also have you checked your log file, for errors when starting.

Thanks to all who assisted here, But you won't believe what the problem
was!

My bonding setup had a tiny error in the ifcfg-eth3 file and yet it
still started without complaining, strang as the error was that is had
an ip address and a boot protocol set to static, I must have missed
this. My bonding has 4 cards configured. What really was wierd was that
the bond0 device came up fine and ifconfig did reflect the ip address of
eth3 as per it config file, but its fixed

Thanks again,

by the way with this system in place I am clocking 11-13 minutes install
time for fc1 and fc2 via network and all things preconfigured :-)

> --
> Ray Curtis         Unix Programmer/Consultant   Curtis Consulting
> mailto:ray at ccux.com                             http://www.ccux.com
Chadley Wilson
Soon 2 B RHCE
Linux Rocks