yum flavors vs/ fc1, fc2, fc3...infinity

Chris A Czerwinski chrisczerwinski at cogeco.ca
Sat Jul 17 15:02:04 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 00:02, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>

> >> "Sufficiently well tested" means
> >> "tested on a sufficiently wide range of machines".
> > ----
> > Your statement presumes that it wasn't tested on a sufficiently wide
> > range of machines. The facts you are using to base this presumption are
> > anecdotal.
>
> Do you have actual figures then to support your contrary view?

It would be nice to talk with specifics (I see you are a science man)
i.e. Cpu, video card, sound card, memory, hard drive, usb, raid,
modem(dsl or cable), printer and whether sitting behind a router or
server and internal network or connected to ISP.

This then gives confidence that all testers do not have the same
configuration type.

Again it would be nice, otherwise we are Fedora's cheapest testers or
guinea pigs.

Chris Cz (and not speaking in generalities)