(no subject)

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Sat Jul 17 16:27:11 UTC 2004

Kirby myatt wrote:
> I would like help on burning a Bootable Cdrom for Fedora Core 2.
> I have downloaded the four (4)FC2-i386-dicsX. iso to 4 Cdrom disks.
> I have no instructions on how to burn a Bootable Cdrom.
> I would like any help.
> Thank you
> Kirby Myatt
>

> Kirby myatt
> klmyatt at earthlink.net
> Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

If you have K3B, then these instructions will get a bootable CD for you:

1. open K3B
2. in the K3B menu, follow this: Tools -> CD -> Burn CD Image
3. navigate to the iso that you want to burn in the Image to Burn section
4. click on Start

If you don't have K3B yet, I can highly recommend it. If you have your
yum.conf set up to get at additional software available for FC, you can
install it via the following command at a root prompt:

yum install k3b

If you need some help configuring yum to get at these additional
packages, then this will help:

http://www.fedorafaq.org/#installsoftware

alternatively, you can use the command line interface application called
cdrecord. On my machine this command will get a bootable CD burned for me:

1. insert the blank cd
2. close the window(s) that may pop up in Gnome
3. open a terminal
4. cdrecord -v speed=32 dev=0,0,0 nameofthefileyouwanttoburn.iso

You may have to do some digging to determine the device address of your
CD burner. To find out the device address try looking at the result of
this command: cat /etc/fstab

There may be some finetuning that someone else could suggest, but these
instructions work for me.

Hope this helps,
Clint