Gaim Upload

Alex White prata at kuei-jin.org
Sat Jul 17 23:26:45 UTC 2004

Tim Raats wrote:
> I have a problem when I send files to friends with Gaim. The maximum
> upload speed of sending files is 6 kb/s. But my normal upload speed is
> 64KB/s.... How can I increase the speed of sending files ?

I could be mistaken, but I don't think there is really a way to
increase the upload speed. There are a good deal of factors involved
with transfer speeds, including network congestion and the download
speed of the person you are sending too. Are you behind a proxy or
some other such device that limits your bandwidth typically? Gaim
does not have (to my knowledge) any setting to change your bandwidth
usage when sending/receiving files. Of course I could be mistaken,
but I think not.

HTH

Alex White