Gaim Upload

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sun Jul 18 01:16:38 UTC 2004

On 23:39 17 Jul 2004, Tim Raats <vectrox at home.nl> wrote:
| I have a problem when I send files to friends with Gaim. The maximum
| upload speed of sending files is 6 kb/s. But my normal upload speed is
| 64KB/s.... How can I increase the speed of sending files ?

How sure are you about this? I ask because the discrepancy is roughly
a factor of 10, which is suspicious because it almost always means you
are talking about BITs in one place and BYTEs in another (a factor of 8,
but protocol overhead will raise the cost per byte slightly, so 10 is
a handy rule of thumb). If you link is 64kilobits per second (eg ISDN)
then an upload speed of 6 kilobytes per second is perfectly fine.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

But what ... is it good for?
      --Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM,
        1968,  commenting on the microchip.