Red Carpet on FC2+

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 18 12:37:14 UTC 2004

Jim Cornette wrote:
> When trying the rpms from Harold at
> http://people.redhat.com/harald/RedCarpet-FC3/
> I get the below error when first trying to start Red Carpet.
>
> /usr/share/red-carpet/red_toolbar.py:60: DeprecationWarning:
>   w = self.append_item(text, tooltip, None, image, callback)
> /usr/share/red-carpet/red_appwindow.py:440: DeprecationWarning:
>   bar.append_space()
> /usr/share/red-carpet/red_appwindow.py:180: DeprecationWarning:
>
> self.toolbar.set_icon_size(settings.get_property("gtk-toolbar-icon-size"))
>
> This looks like a warning message. But just for RC on FC input, I
> thought that I'd post this.
> I installed this program by downloading the rpms to a local directory
> which was in the up2date sources file. I then typed up2date red-carpet
> at the command prompt. I also have two icons for RC in the system tools
> menu.
>
> Anyway, has anyone decided on if this program will be maintained in
> Fedora extras and who is willing to maintain this?
>
> Jim

Running the dep resolver pointed to a dependecy problem with gcc-gnat
3.4.1-2 and with gcc-gnat 3.4.1-4. This dep resolver feature is my main
liking of the RC program. Hopfully resolving these dep problems does not
set the system in a bad state.

Jim

--
More are taken in by hope than by cunning.
		-- Vauvenargues