Core 2 on Dell Lattitude

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jul 18 14:54:30 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 04:10, Charles Heselton wrote:

> FYI....
>
> The re-install (with the addition of the /boot slice) worked.  I'm now
> running FC2 on my Dell.  Thanks for the tips Scott.
>
> --
> Charlie Heselton
> Network Security Engineer

Great news!  Just curious, on the first pass you indicated you had tried
an ext2 file system, are you still using that?  Or did you go with ext3?

Also was wondering if you are going to play with the acpi support.  On
my laptop that mostly appears to work at lease in regards to getting
battery and power indications.  I have not sorted out the suspend
options.  (spent a few minutes on it but not enough to get it working)

If you get that working would you mind letting me know how you did it?

Thanks.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

If it has syntax, it isn't user friendly.