[FC2] Wireless Prbl as dhcpcd is not available :(

Sun Jul 18 17:06:02 UTC 2004

Hello,

Ok, I finally took some time to play around with my wireless card to get it working, before the dust completely hide it :)

So I installed madwifi and everything is working, or I mean almost everything :)
In the wifi-start script that I use, I need to use the dhcpcd function but it seems to not be available in FC2 :/

So my actual and dirty turn-around is to start up my wireless connection, then plug my network cable, activate eth0 (which seems to use a "dhcpcd" equivalent), then turn off this connection and unplug my eth cable... And that's working, I can access with no prbl internet thxs to my wireless connexion :)

If I am not doing this previous trick, i am connected, I have an IP for my wireless card, my router is seeing my card, but I can't ping anything...

Anyone knows a "dhcpcd" equivalent or a better way to start my wireless without the need to plug eth???????

thxs in advance
Ludo
P.S.: I can't access Internet from here, only my emails so I couldn't search the archive :/