serving pop3

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Sun Jul 18 17:37:35 UTC 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:02:12 -0400, "Jonathan T. Steadman"
<fedoracore at stny.rr.com> wrote:

>If I use dovecot...then what do i put when I am setting up
>account...where it asks for pop server?  is it location of
>dovecot.mydomain.com? or what?  right now I am running through dovcot
>configuration file, and also if i chage it to accept pop3 do i have to
>do anything to section ## IMAP login process and if values are what I
>want can i leave them as comments "##" and that will be default?  Thanks
>for the help you guys.

Here are the uncommented lines in my dovecot.conf

$ grep -v \# /etc/dovecot.conf

protocols = imap pop3
imap_listen = *
pop3_listen = *
login_dir = /var/run/dovecot-login
login = imap
login_user = dovecot
login = pop3
default_mail_env = mbox:~/:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u
mbox_locks = fcntl
auth = default
auth_mechanisms = plain
auth_userdb = passwd