tc filter problem

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Jul 18 20:16:40 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 13:18:55 -0500,
  "Cowles, Steve" <steve at stevecowles.com> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > I have also tried using iproute-2.6.8's tc to see if there was some
> > new syntax introduced since 2.4.7 (which seems to be about 2 years
> > old). That didn't help either.
> >

> Bruno,
>
> It's been awhile sine I have messed with implementing tc, but I seem to
> remember problems with earlier kernels/tc releases. If possible, I would try
> to upgrade to the latest versions of the kernel, iproute2 and tc. The tc
> syntax your using seems correct. In fact, I have an identical line in my tc
> script which is based on wondershaper.

The kernel is pretty recent, as it is 2.6.7-1.492 from fc development.
I don't know that the iproute2 patches in it are recent though.
It looks like I should try to grab source rpms and try playing with
them.

If this was working for you it sounds like a bug, but I am not sure
enough to open a bugzilla ticket yet.

> BTW: I good shell debugging tool that I use... change the bash (or sh)
> invocation on the first line of your script to include -x. i.e.

Thanks. I figured there was some way to do this, but I hadn't gone
looking for it.