RC fails now - working on resolution

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 19 02:47:57 UTC 2004

On 07/18/2004 11:08:20 AM, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 20:10, Igor Anikeev wrote:
> > I don;'t have a proxy, so that's not a problem
>
> In which case can you double-check that there isn't a proxy set in
> Red
> Carpet. Under Edit -> Preferences -> General tab make sure that the
> "Use
> a proxy" checkbox is unchecked and the "Proxy URL", "Username" and
> "Password" fields are blank.
>
> > File not found -
> http://open-carpet.org/services/livna/serviceinfo.xml
>
> Can you confirm that you can access the above URL with your web
> browser?

I could add the url minus the serviceinfo.xml portion. Sinc I am
currently on FC3T1, no version was know.

I get this error when trying to add this channel.

Unable to mount service for 'http://open-carpet.org/services/livna/':
Unable to determine distribution type

(fault -617)

Go to the edit pulldown. Then go to services. On the popup box, add the
url passed on minus the serviceinfo.xml portion as below.

http://open-carpet.org/services/livna/

I successfully added a local directory and installed downloaded rpms
from the same directory that I use for up2date. As stated earlier, I
have no known version for the channels available at this service
location.

Maybe a channel can be added for FC3 - JK. (I'll try this out when in
FC2 mode for remote package retrieval. This looks like it might be
interesting to try.)

Jim

--
Q: How many Micro$oft programmers does it take to screw in a light
bulb?