How to schedule for every two fridays with cron and/or at?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Mon Jul 19 05:10:29 UTC 2004

On Jul 18, 2004, Mike Fedyk <mfedyk at matchmail.com> wrote:

> Amanda looks pretty good now that I'm figuring out how it works, but
> the documentation is horrendous (especially the faq-o-matic).

Yeah, the docs suck, but the main problem is that Amanda was designed
to relieve the backup operator from a number of decisions that they
expect to have to make.  So when they look for instructions on how to
make the decisions in the manual, they can't find it, because it's not
there (*).  What Amanda really needs is a transition guide.  IIRC the
chapter written by John R. Jackson for W. Curtis Preston's book was
supposed to be a pretty good introduction.  See www.amanda.org for an
explanation.

(*) It's a bit like a Linux/Unix user starting DOS for the first time:
`How do I log in?' :-)