Wireless Optical Mouse Doesn't Track

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jul 19 13:33:06 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 06:18, Roger Finks wrote:
> I've been having a fit with my Logitech MX700 Cordless Optical mouse
> running through a Linksys KVM switch. It doesn't track correctly, jumps
> around wildly opening windows at will. My exact equipment setup has

> A regular 2 button PS/2 mouse works.

This sounds like the problem many people have had with the Belkin KVM
switches.  In those cases most people were able to get things working by
adding psmouse.proto=imps to the kernel options.

If that does not work try psmouse.proto=bare.

Someone had also posted fairly recently a patch they were trying to get
tested that modified how the mouse was handled.  Have not heard how that
testing had progressed or if it was going to be included in FC3.

Try to search the archives for this patch if the other things don't
work.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Nearly every complex solution to a programming problem that I
have looked at carefully has turned out to be wrong.
		-- Brent Welch