FC1, yum dead, using synaptic

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jul 19 15:59:27 UTC 2004

On Monday 19 July 2004 04:59, Steven Op de beeck wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> In the meantime can someone show me the exact syntax to add a
>> couple of the east coast USA FC1 updates-released mirrors to the
>> list of repo's in synaptic-0.51?  The copy I have only looks at
>> ayo.freshrpms.net.
>
>You can add a repository from within synaptic.
>Preferences > Repositories > New

Correct, unforch I asked for the exact syntax because the entries I've
tried don't work.

>Or edit the apt sources.list files.
>/etc/apt/sources.list or /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

I also looked at that.  The problem I think is that not all mirrors
have exactly the same directory tree structure.  The syntax is
somewhat different from the yum syntax so the $releasever and
$basearch aren't being properly translated (I think, I'm probably
wrong).  And trying to search around with gftp or mozilla, then
duping that path displayed into synaptic also seems to missfire.

--
Cheers Steven, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.