serving pop3, almost there w/sendmail...1 more

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jul 19 20:22:06 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 16:04, Jonathan T. Steadman wrote:

> Jul 19 15:56:55 localhost sendmail[11221]: i6JJusn5011221:
> ruleset=check_rcpt, arg1=<brandyreuben at jonstest.dyndns.org>,
> relay=bay2-f28.bay2.hotmail.com [65.54.247.28], reject=550 5.7.1
> <brandyreuben at jonstest.dyndns.org>... Relaying denied
>
> Jul 19 15:56:55 localhost sendmail[11221]: i6JJusn5011221:
> from=<hotmailaddr at hotmail.com>, size=0, class=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP,
> daemon=MTA, relay=bay2-f28.bay2.hotmail.com [65.54.247.28]
>
> got one of these everytime, but now i know it is actually getting here,
> do you know what this means?  I looked it up, and it has something to do
> with rules that I have set but they are default because I didnt do it
> and dont know how to change them either, I think it has to do with fact
> that I am "localhost" rather then myip or now my new domain, from that
> free domains place, but neither using my ip nor using the domain has
> been successful sendmail shoots them down unfortunatly.  Thanx for all
> the help so far, I just hope I can get this working the rest of the way.

By default sendmail now comes so you can't relay email through it.
Attempt to slow down the spammers.  :)

You need to change your system name to match the addressing you are
using for you email account.  Currently your system things you are
trying to send a message through to another system.

If the message is being delivered locally it will accept the message and
drop it in your mailbox.

You will need to modify the name of your box so it has a fully qualified
domain name (FQDN) and change sendmail so it knows your systems name.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Bachelor:
	A man who chases women and never Mrs. one.