yum with excluded packages.

Mon Jul 19 21:09:24 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 15:57 -0500, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> People keep talking about being able to exclude the updating of certain
> packages with an exclude option. I can't find any thing like this in
> the man pages. What am I missing.

Dunno'

$ man yum.conf
/exclude

 exclude
              list  of  packages  to  exclude  from  updates or installs. This
              should be a space separated list.  Filename globs *,?,., etc are
              allowed

$ man yum
/exclude
      --exclude
              Takes  a  package  name  or wildcard for a package. You can list
              this option more than once on the command line to  exclude  more
              than one package name or wildcard

Phil